|Number of days||31|
|First day||Thursday , December 1 , 2022 4th day of week 48|
|Last day||Saturday , December 31, 2022|
6th day of week 52
|2022 • 2020s • 21st century _|
|Previous and next month|
|Previous and next December|
|Chronologies by geographical area|
is the 12th month of the year 2022 .
- November 9 to December 4 : 12th edition of the Route du Rhum .
- November 20 to December 18 : 22nd edition of the FIFA World Cup in Qatar .
- December 2 : Indonesia announces that it is about to adopt a new penal code , which will replace the precedent inherited from the Dutch East Indies [ 1 ] .
- December 4 :
- Iran announces the abolition of the morality police after more than two months of protests following the death of Mahsa Amini [ 2 ] ;
- outbreak of protests in Mongolia .
- 6 December : legislative elections in Dominica .
- December 6 to 17 : Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity (COP15) in Montreal , Canada.
- December 7 :
- the Chinese authorities announce a relaxation of the anti-Covid-19 rules ( zero covid strategy ) [ 3 ] ;
- after an attempted self-coup in Peru , President Pedro Castillo is deposed; vice-president Dina Boluarte succeeds him [ 4 ] .
- 8 December : legislative elections in the Faroe Islands .
- December 9 : Arrests trigger the Qatar corruption scandal in the European Parliament .
- December 11 : Pedro Angulo becomes president of the Council of Ministers of Peru .
- December 13 to December 19 : 2022 World Short Course Swimming Championships in Melbourne , Australia .
- December 14 : legislative elections in Fiji .
- 17 December : snap legislative elections in Tunisia .
- December 18 :
- legislative elections in Guinea-Bissau ;
- archiepiscopal elections in Cyprus ;
- FIFA World Cup final in Qatar.
Notes and references
- Indonesia set to penalize sex outside marriage in overhaul of criminal code , Reuters, 2 December 2022.
- " In Iran, the public prosecutor announces the end of the morality police " , Le Monde and AFP,.
- "China announces a general relaxation of health rules against Covid-19" , Le Monde , December 7, 2022.
- "In Peru, deposed President Pedro Castillo placed in detention, Vice-President Dina Boluarte invested as head of the country" , Le Monde , December 7, 2022.